Kappa are a Yokai, part of Japanese folklore and demonology dating back to at least the 18th century.
They are depicted as roughly humanoid creatures the size of a child, sometimes with features that resemble a turtle, such as a shell and beak. They have webbed hands and feet to help them swim through the ponds and rivers they inhabit. On top of their heads is a hairless plate, which contains their life force. It is said that when confronted with a Kappa, the only way to get out alive is to trick them into draining their head plate. This is done by bowing over and over again, because Kappa are considered very polite and will always bow further and further down every time you do. Once their life force has dripped out you can run.
Kappa are known to be mischievous pranksters, sometimes with deadly results. However, there are stories of Kappa befriending and even helping humans.
Sometimes, to appease a Kappas apatite and to keep it from attacking humans, people would throw things like cucumbers (a Kappas favorite food) into the waters they were thought to inhabit, often times carving the name of a loved one on it so the Kappa was less likely to go after that person.
WHY THEY ARE FUCKED UP
Kappa were known to attack and eat human beings, most often children. Their favorite part were the intestines, especially the liver. That really doesn’t sound all that bad- most demons and creatures around the world are known to enjoy human guts.
So what does the Kappa do to get to the intestines? Slash open the stomach? Nope!
The Kappa goes after the organs by sucking them out of a humans anus. That’s right- the Kappa uses a deadly ATM maneuver to get it’s fill of tasty human guts.
And it’s not just humans- the Kappa used the same technique to suck the intestines out of farm animals like horses and cows.
There was once a story of a Kappa getting its’ entire arm stuck into a horse backside, and when the animal ran away the arm just poped right off. It had to make a truce with the farmer in order to get its’ appendage back.
What may be the weirdest part of this story yet is that you can still see warning signs in Japan telling you to stay away from certain areas where Kappa might live.
Don’t be deceived by these cute little statues- these things are pure ass-sucking terror.
- vxlos reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld
- vxlos likes this
- gogogadgetdemons likes this
- thegirlwhowantedtobeeverything reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld
- amariesky likes this
- suiyou reblogged this from offendedbydjinns
- theironthroneiscold reblogged this from blessphemy
- blessphemy reblogged this from jeezypetes
- das-grim reblogged this from 2spookymouse
- jeezypetes reblogged this from kaijubrains
- ant1thesis likes this
- suiyou likes this
- elmatpe likes this
- offendedbydjinns reblogged this from kaijubrains
- offendedbydjinns likes this
- 2spookymouse likes this
- 2spookymouse reblogged this from kaijubrains
- kaijubrains reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld and added:
- rudysneed reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld
- a-noblemonster likes this
- powerfolk likes this
- yourlocalmaniac likes this
- gorillacatlady reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld and added:
- creaoni likes this
- nicholas-moughler reblogged this from thatoneodddeer
- nicholas-moughler likes this
- knightofspayse23 reblogged this from thatoneodddeer
- maskedmysticsnightmare likes this
- thatoneodddeer reblogged this from dubsenpai
- bmitrof reblogged this from dubsenpai
- wil-tsun likes this
- dubsenpai reblogged this from yokitto
- yokitto reblogged this from gay-of-demonic-charm
- taosmyth reblogged this from miki-mita
- namidahime reblogged this from musicmochi
- dabluebadger reblogged this from musicmochi
- musicmochi reblogged this from azumashio
- miki-mita reblogged this from gay-of-demonic-charm
- jeanneedsfreckledjesus reblogged this from gay-of-demonic-charm
- under-the-sea-dragon reblogged this from gay-of-demonic-charm
- under-the-sea-dragon likes this
- raintakeawaymytears reblogged this from corporal-prussian-ponyboy
- ingthing likes this
- azumashio reblogged this from gay-of-demonic-charm
- azumashio likes this
- gay-of-demonic-charm reblogged this from corporal-prussian-ponyboy and added:
- gay-of-demonic-charm likes this
- bluebuterflyef likes this
- corporal-prussian-ponyboy reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld
- banterwolf reblogged this from fucked-upcreaturesaroundtheworld